Yaesu FT-817ND HF VHF UHF Ultra Compact HF Amateur Transceiver
Yaesu FT-817ND HF VHF UHF Ultra Compact HF Amateur Transceiver by Yaesu at The Computer Wiki. MPN: FBA_FT-817ND. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The world's first self-contained, battery-powered, Multi-mode Portable Transceiver covering the HF, VHF, and UHF bands! For more than four decades,
Features & Highlights
- Despite its incredibly small size (5.3" x 1.5" x 6.5"), the FT-817 delivers big performance! Its next-generagion PA puts out five watts on all HF bands, plus the 50 MHz, 144 MHz, and 430 MHz bands, on all popular operating modes: USB/LSB/CW/AM/FM/Packet/PSK-31/RTTY.
- The front panel includes a convenient BNC connector for attachment of a whip or VHF/UHF rubber flex antenna (supplied). The rear panel includes a type "M" ("SO-239") connector. As shipped from the factory, the BNC jack is active on 50/144/430 MHz, while the "M" connector is active on HF. But using the Menu, you can assign, for example, 50 and 144 MHz to the rear panel, if your coaxial cables have matching plugs.
- • IF Shift - For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference. • IF Noise Blanker - For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type noise. • IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) - Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50 MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions. • ATT (Front End Attenuator) - For more pleasant reception of very strong signals.
- The FT-817 is the only rig in its class with internal battery operation capability. Shipped from the factory with a battery tray for 8 "AA" batteries, the FT-817D may also be operated from the optional FNB-72 Ni-Cd battery pack. full power output is available under battery power. Other manufacturers radios make you carry around a heavy external power source. . .but the FT-817ND is entirely self-contained, making it ideal for backpacking or search-and-rescue work.
- An optional filter slot is provided in the FT-817ND, allowing the owner to install one of two available Collins® Mechanical Filters. For CW operation, choose the 7-pole YF-122C (500 Hz bandwidth), or for very natural-sounding SSB select the 10-pole YF-122S (2.3 kHz bandwidth).
|Item Size:||6.51 x 1.51 x 1.51 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||10.1 x 3.2 x 3.2 inches|